Friday, March 9, 2012

I am planning a trip to the Nickelodeon Hotel in Orlando. Can anyone tell me about it, pros and cons? I ONLY want info from this specific hotel. Thanks :)|||I went there last year with my husband and 5 year old daughter. Pros: My daughter LOVED this hotel. In fact, she liked the hotel better than Disney itself. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by Blue from Blue's Clue. You need at least a day to enjoy the many activities that the hotel has. The hotel has water park/slides, huge pool area,game arcade, and mini-golf areas that are a lot of fun for kids. They have a food court area which is nice for cheap foods for kids. They also have a buffet and restaurant if you are not in the mood for fast food. They have face painting, shows, and slime time games duing the day. My daughter loved the character breakfast where she met Dora, Spongebob, Patrick, and the Fairy Oddparents. The hotel is located right outside Disney World. You could not get any closer to Disney unless you were staying in the park. My daughter also loved her Spongebob room.

Cons: Check-In took forever. The hotel accomodation are ok. Nothing Special. The suite kitchen consists of a sink, mini refrigerator and microwave. I do prefer at least 4 star accomodation. The hotel accomodation are more 2-3 stars. Not the best, but what the hotel offers overall is worth it. The hotel is loud, which could bother people. I advise not having a room facing the pools or on the first floor, if that would be a problem for you. Food was ok. My husband didn't care at all for the buffet. Would I stay here again if I didn't have kids? No. Would I stay here again because of my daughter? Absolutely.

Also, I purchased a non Spongebob room for $50 less a night. To our suprised when we checked into our room, we discovered that they still gave us the Spongebob room anyways. So save your money and get a non-Spongebob because you might luck out and get it anyways. You have to be a guest at this hotel to enjoy it's amenities. For what it offers, it was worth it. Have fun!|||It is loud.|||i just booked it through travel zoo---i've never stayed there, but heard great things--kids eat free 5 and under, pools are great~~|||The Nick hotel is pretty cool, it kind of makes me wish I was a kid again! It is probably one of the best hotels for kids in the area, since most of the things are already included. Disney and Universal's hotels offer a lot of great things for kids as well, but not everything is included, such as Disney's kids programs.

The pool area is a blast for the kids, so much to do, like a water park in its own. They also have a lot of other activities each day, as well as shopping and some restaurants. I think a lot of people go to Orlando just to stay here and don't even do the parks. I think it would depend a little on your kids ages how much fun they would have, but I'm sure they would love it. Also, the characters in the room are really awesome and big hit with the little ones.


The only negatives would be that it isn't always as much fun for adults. There really isn't much offered for adults, and it can be a little noisy, not quite as relaxing as some of the other hotels in the area. Also, the food doesn't change, so if you plan to eat at the hotel most of the time, it can get a little old. Finally, the rooms aren't all that big, especially considering they are suites. You have to really look into what is included in the room as not everything is included in a 2 bedroom that may be in a 1 bedroom, odd but true. When you see the room, it does look like it is a Holiday Inn, nothing too special, unless you get the room with the characters, and even then it is just a small area. I've not stayed in a Holiday Inn, but I'm going to assume the resort has similar quality to what you would see at a Holiday Inn. I've only stayed at this resort for two nights to see what it was like, and because I went with some friends who had younger kids. I was a little dissapointed with how the rooms were kept up and other little things regarding cleaning around the resort. And again, the resort can be a little noisy with the pool and things and the walls are a little thin. In my opinion, I think the resort is a little over priced, considering the room, but overall it is a great place, especially for kids.


I'll include a link to Trip Advisor where you will find many more reviews of the hotel.


Hope this helps!

火车采集器
  • baby boy names 2011
  • tallahassee2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment