Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's my last Christmas at home and my parents want to double my Christmas money from $250 to $500 this year.

In May I am heading off to live with another relative, and I can only take two suitcases and a bag with me. I will never be able to come back and get the rest of my stuff, and I have no plans to. Waay too expensive.

Anyhow, my parents have this preconceived idea that they will somehow be able to afford to drive me there, which I know that they wont, and they think that I will be able to take everything I own. In other words, getting stuff for Christmas shouldn't be a problem.

In all seriousness, there's probably a 5% chance that they'll drive me and I will be able to take everything. 95% chance that my relative will be paying for a 1-way greyhound ticket.

At this time, everything that I want to take fits safely inside my suitcases. My bedding, clothes, 2 desk lamps, and 2 photo albums. The only material thing that I wanted for Christmas was a bookstand, and I already have that now.

I'm not taking any chances on the whole Christmas thing; I'm not going to buy a whole bunch of stuff and waste my christmas budget, only to end up having to leave it all here, 1500 miles away from where I'll be in 6 months.

There's nothing that I really want now, anyway! I have my laptop, nice camera, tripod, ipod, clothes, and bedding. What else do I need right now? Nada!

Next fall I start college (I'll be living with the relative until I head to my dorm, and he lives 10 minutes from campus) and I want to just save my christmas money until then, so that I can buy some last minute things that I need, and a new outfit or two.

How can I convince my parents to just give me cash for Christmas?

Additionally, I would have to convince them to allow me to write my relative a money order for the cash, and mail her the money order, because if I keep it here my parents will simply take it all back once they're broke again. How do I convince them of that??

Thanks!|||tell them to get you gift cards for the stores in the area,. problem solved|||tell them what you told us|||Just ask. Explain you will use the money for last minute needs or wants before you start Uni.|||Tell them that with this current situation that giving you money instead of toys n things would be much better for the both of you. Tell them that you're heading off to college and you need the money. best answer?|||just tell them that you have nice things already and that you dont think you want anything else. tell them money will be great because when you are at you next house or college you can buy your own things that you want there. thiss way you are certanly aloud to keep them with you other than having to leave them at home. hope this helps!|||They r your parents.Come clean with the way you feel and they will understand.No parent wants to see their kid unhappy on X-mas,no matter how old they r.Explain the situation,if u need 2,let them read your YAHOO QUESTION.|||Say to your parents, "Mom, Dad, can I pleeeease just get some money for Christmas this year? I don't want to carry any more stuff to college than I have to!" and say it with a big cheesy smile. Look as cute as possible and be fun with it. They'll probably be all for it, or at least talk to you about it.

If they *do* end up buying you stuff you don't need or want, sell it on Craigslist without their knowledge. I know that sounds terrible - but once you get a gift, it's yours to do whatever you want with it.|||Maybe ask them to invest it in something? Like a savings account or something?|||so
"mom, dad i really dont want anything for christmas. do you think it will be fine for me to get money instead?"

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment