Saturday, March 3, 2012

In 2008 I moved from California to Florida and rented a room at my friend's house. I lived there until March 2010, when I moved back to California. I filed my 2009 FEDERAL taxes in California and listed my California address as the address I was currently living at, at the time of filing. But just because I filed from California doesn't mean I was living there the previous year. Now the state of California says I owe them taxes on all the money I made in 2009, because they saw that I filed my 2009 FEDERAL taxes from a California address. I work online and receive money through paypal so I have no paychecks from an employer or anything. I live competely off the books and rent rooms with cash. I have no way to prove that I lived in Florida, but they have no way to prove that I was in California when I really wasn't. All I have is a receipt for my greyhound ticket from Florida to California, but that doesn't prove anything, only that I was in Florida for at least a day. I registered to vote in Florida in 2008, but that doesn't prove anything either.

What would you do if you were me?|||Contact an enrolled agent (better than contacting a CPA). Work with them to solve the problem|||if you filed your 2009 1040 in Calif, they take it that you are a Calif. resident and are liable for taxes on all sources of income, even if some of it was earned in Fla
you probably need to file a 540 NR indicating the dates you entered or left Calif., this is a separate schedule|||What would I do? The short answer: Keep better records in the future.

Longer answer: What could I do? I'd first consider my options. Then take the best one. If you call the IRS and explain your problem, they will have someone talk to/listen to you about it. You might be able to convince them of your position.|||your registration to vote in Florida does prove something if you have proof of the registration. You should also have a driver's license from FL and should have had car insurance there. Your insurance agent from FL should be able to provide documentation.|||File a 2009 California nonresident tax return, correctly showing $0 earned in CA and $0 of CA tax due.|||File a correct California Form 540 or 540NR that shows what your California wages were.

火车采集器
  • mercedes benz usa
  • black ops zombie maps
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment