Friday, March 9, 2012

Hair Straightener through airport security.. carry on?
Okay tomorrow I'm going to DFW Airport to Sun Country Airlines in DFW on a trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Was just wondering if I can take my hair straightener in my duffel bag as a carry on? and do I have to put it into a bin when they do the x-ray or can I just leave it in my bag? I"m a first time flying.

And I already have everything packed including my 3.oz liquids in a quart size zip lock bag. i know those need to go into the bin including my laptop. But if you'd like to give me some information, tips, etc.. please do so would be helpful.

Thank you!
Melissa <3~|||Yes, it will be just fine, so don't worry about it. If the security folks question what it is, they will open the bag and take a look. (The duffel bag will go through the x-ray thing along with your purse and your plastic bag of liquids/gels and shoes, which will be in plastic tubs that will be stacked and ready for you.)|||You can't.|||no|||I got this from the TSA.Gov website

You may transport this item in carry-on baggage or in checked baggage. For items you wish to carry-on, you should check with the airline to ensure that the item will fit in the overhead bin or underneath the seat of the airplane.

Please be sure to wrap cords tightly around electronics items and pack your bag in neat layers (layer of clothes, layer of electronics, layer of clothes, layer of shoes, etc.) to help officers get a clear look at your bag.



Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane.


I hope this helps! :)|||Honestly... why would you need the hair straightener on the plane? I get you want it right when you get off, but you get your luggage right when you get off too, it won't take forever to do. And you'll have it when you get where ever you need to go, which is the only place you'd need your straightener. I also don't think a laptop on a plane is a great idea, you won't get in trouble for it... But why would you really need it? I don't see why you would bother, if the plane has wi-fi you can use it but you have to have it down if turblence, take off, and landing is going on, so I wouldn't bother.Unless it's a very long flight, and this is assuming your plane has wi-fi.

Answer mine ?http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment