Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I are going to be traveling across the states in a few months and trying to figure out the best way to see as much of the u.s as possible, I want to get a car but that will cost a fair bit more and then we are looking into two month long greyhound tickets for around 700. but also i remembered about standby tickets at airports. I would rather see the small town america though and all the roads and sights, but any info on cross country safe traveling for a couple through the states would be appreciated. thanks|||Getting Standby flights is easy. Pick your first destination, call the airlines company directly, and ask for rates for standby. If you plan to travel to popular destinations, during peak travel time, you probably will not have much luck with standby to get anywhere in a timely manner for the amount of time you have, and the grounds you want to cover.

Bus works, but that also is very time consuming because you are the bus companies mercy, in terms of organizing your destinations.

In my young days, I had a used Chevy wagon, and drove everywhere. I have seen most of the country by driving. Now I pick and choose a destination, get there, get a rental car, and have good time visiting.

So my suggestion will be to drive a car. If you are not able to drive, then in a bus you can sight see as you go from place to place. If you fly, even standby - you need to have a way to get around when you get to your destination. Of course during your flight - no sight seeing.

I am sure you will figure it out. If it was me I would pick an area of the country to travel - like as much of the east coast, or the west coast. The southern corridor is fun to travel - I-10 from Jacksonville, FL, to Los Angeles, and there are many places you can visit. Go to AAA, get some maps, and plan it a bit, then Just Do It!!

Happy travels.|||The best way to see USA is by road or rail.

I would suggest you to travel by taking a tourist pass on AMTRAX. Travel from point to point. Travel is safe by Train. Good food is available on board.
Check the details on website of AMTRAX. Tickets & passes available on web.
You must carry credit card with you.

There are few areas that are not covered by Train.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment