Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my second child. My fiance, myself, and our son live in a two bedroom apartment with his sister-in-law and her two kids. We have to move out of her apartment right about the time that I'm due to have the baby, and the only other place we have to go is in Colorado (we're currently in New Jersey). I was wondering if it would be all right to be induced at 38 weeks, if I don't have her before then, and if it would be all right for her to travel at just a few weeks old, seeing that she's in good health.

I'm going to ask my doctor either way, I just wanted to get some second opinions. We were actually thinking about buying Greyhound tickets sometime this week and going out there that way, instead of by plane so soon after I give birth.

I just need some advice, quick! Thanks.|||If the lungs are developed and the overall development is OK there shouldn't be an issue in inducing you at 38 weeks. Also because of Colorado's altitude some infants have trouble with breathing just as some adults and children do. Discuss the move with your doctor and ask him if having the baby early might be effected once you more to Colorado.|||You really shouldn't be traveling at ALL in your last month or two of pregnancy. Contact your physician today and ask what options you have. Depending on how healthy the baby is, they may be able to.|||It is possible to induce at 38 weeks. Your doctor may decide to do an amniocentesis to determine if the baby's lungs are mature enough, but yes, it is possible. And, as long as the baby is healthy, traveling should be okay once she is born.|||As pregnant as you are I would think you should not travel until after the baby is born. Most physicians will halt travel at around 30-35 weeks - and you're talking about traveling half way across the country.

Yes, induction is possible at 38 weeks. I was induced with my baby at 37 weeks because she was getting too big.

It should be okay to travel with a newborn - as long as you keep her out of the crowds as much as possible.

Ask your doctor about natural labor inductions - read the link below for some ideas.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment