Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm looking for an affordable way to get my sister and me to Brooklyn to see our cousin. We live just north of Boston.
I tried to look up Greyhound tickets, but the only trips they offered take 6 hours and I know it only takes 4. Also, I looked up Limoliner times which were great but WAY too expensive (89 each one way).
I am willing to drive as far as Hartford, CT to get on a train if need be. But, I don't know what commuter rail line or station to look up. Obviously I want the least amount of train switching as possible. My cousin said he could meet us at Penn Station or a station in Brooklyn.
Any help would be appreciated. Living in a town in Massachusetts leaves me with barely any knowledge of New York City transportation.|||If you're able, drive to New Haven, CT and take Metro-North's New Haven Line from there to Grand Central in New York City. A round trip off peak ticket from New Haven to New York City will cost you $28, which is cheaper than Amtrak.

Once in the city, you can take the subway to your final destination in Brooklyn. The fare on the subway is on $4.50 round trip ($2.25 one way).

I hope this information was very helpful. If you have any questions or need travel directions while in town, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I'll be glad to help.

Good luck
Native New Yorker|||You can take Amtrak from Hartford to Penn Station.

However, if you can drive to New London, you can take the Shore Line East train to New Haven and then take the Metro-North to Grand Central (Your cousin should know where that is).

Hope this helps.|||Try megabus.com, this should be much cheaper, I think this drops you off in down town Manhattan,from there you can take subway which will cost you 2.25 each way with free bus transfer.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment