Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello, I recently purchased Greyhound tickets to go from Florida to Ohio. The only reason I bought them over airline tickets was because they advertised the buses (on their site) to have wi-fi and power outlets with nice seats. Now when I arrived at the station, it was an ugly mess! None of those features were on the bus. It didn't even look like the new bus. At the time, there was nothing saying the new buses were available on select routes.

I got right off the bus and asked for a refund, but they said it was non-refundable. I even tried calling corporate. Now if I am not using their service, they could at least give me an 80% refund. I simply did not get what I paid for.|||It's kind of hard to do that when it says "non-refundable" on the tickets. Also, I just check their website: http://www.greyhound.com/ it advertises the routes with the new buses:

New York to Montreal
New York to Toronto
New York to Boston
Washington, DC to Boston
Washington, DC to New York
Washington, DC to Montreal

I copied that from their website, so the FL to OH route isn't that in the list. Also, it would be hard to go to court with them when a) it's clearly listed on their website (it's the first thing I see) and b) it says "non-refundable" on the tickets.

You can talk to corporate, maybe you can make a compromise about giving you a ticket to one of the applicable new buses or give you a partial refund. However, just be aware, they are not obligated to do that. You could check your FL state law to see if they follow the rules and you could go talk to your lawyer to verify if they broke any laws. Good luck.|||You were offered what you paid for - a ride on a Greyhound service from A to B.
You have very little chance of any type of refund as the bus was there but you apparently made the choice not to ride on it|||Have you considered filing a lawsuit in small claims court? You will win the case easy, receive your refund and Greyhound will pay court costs.|||It depends in the company|||I'm not sure.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment