Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm thinking about purchasing a Greyhound ticket through a friend's credit card, but noticed that Greyhound charges an $18 Gift Ticket Fee if the ticket isn't for the cardholder. Greyhound claims the charge is for "fraud prevention," which just sounds like a credit card surcharge excuse to me (as if identity thieves would care about a surcharge they're not paying for).

What can I do to foil their greedy plot? I know that they check your ID for a "Will Call" (where you pick up the ticket at the station), but what if I ask for the ticket to be mailed to me? I will not have to pick up the ticket at the station, so will Greyhound still check my ID at some point? Also, what are the consequences to this course of action? Will I be breaking any laws or get my helpful friend in trouble even if I do it with my friend's knowledge and consent?

Additional Information: The fare I want has to be purchased online, so I can't use another form of payment, and using my own credit card is out of the question. The trip will be interstate.|||I just read all the Greyhound info on "buying a ticket for someone else." They have that locked up...looks like there is no way to get out of paying the "fee." I agree, it is a ripoff.|||SOLLUTION!!!
To avaoid the fee. Go to a store that offers VISA gift cards. You will have to register the card online USING your friends name. THEN, buy the ticket on greyhound website using the card AND your friends information as you registered it with VISA. They don't need the card just ID.

Report Abuse

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment